Many people like the idea of being able to carry a light instead of having to place torches. This mod simply does that -- here is a video of it in action:
- redstone torch
- redstone lamp
- redstone block
- redstone ore
- redstone dust
- redstone wire
- glowstone block
- glowstone dust
- lava block
- lava bucket
- sea lantern
- end portal
- end portal frame
Feel free to write to me if you feel this list should include other things.
- It will not emit light if you go fully underwater, but will re-light as soon as you emerge again.
- It may not emit light if you're in very dense tall grass or similar two-block high pass-through blocks. I think this is realistic though.
- Fixed a null pointer exception related to checking held item.
- Fixed a class not found exception related to annotating a GUI handler that didn't exist.
- Initial publication
Known Issues, Incompatibilities And Requested Improvementsv1.0.0:
- Incompatible with some shaders.
- Sea lantern should glow under water.
- Redstone and other things that have lower light should cast less light.
- If in flowing water, it still cast light.
- In some cases where there is no space around front of head, light goes out.